Birdwings, the Gold Coast’s first Forest School, is all about living the most natural childhood possible in this busy world. Our forest school programs take children out of their busy schedules and give them time to play with friends in nature. There’s no rush, no schedules, no screens. We have time to think and dream and talk about the things that interest us. We have time to PLAY! Nature becomes children’s happy place.
There’s plenty of time for children to explore their own learning, supported by experienced nature mentors who believe that children are capable learners. We understand that children crave the simplicity and openness of the time and space that nature provides.
We understand that all children crave connection to community, to culture and to country, and this sense of belonging is at the heart of our business. Our programs operate across Kombumerri and Wangerriburra Country (Gold Coast Hinterland) and we honour these connections through language, story, stewardship of the land and active community connections. We acknowledge the process of Reconciliation is an ongoing and deeply important journey for all Australians.
Forest School is both a philosophical approach and a grounded connection to place. Being outside in wild nature integrates children’s health and well being, developmental growth, and educational learning. Birdwings Forest School have been recognised for our innovative outdoor programs as finalists in the Education category for the QORF Outdoors Qld Awards in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
Clearview Early Learning
Clearview on Dugandan Street at Nerang is a family owned and operated centre. As a family owned centre, we understand the importance of a nurturing environment and the provision of quality care in an Early Childhood setting. We are committed to ensuring the delivery of the best possible experience for all children attending Clearview. We achieve this by employing highly qualified, experienced and dedicated staff who share our vision of working in partnership with families.
We provide care for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years. Our staff provide developmentally appropriate programs, based on the National Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), for each age group. We also run a Government Approved Kindergarten Program.
Our Bush Kindy Program provides children with outdoor activities that enhances their holistic development. Our investigative approach to learning encourages children to be connected with and contribute to their world.
Community Kids Annerley
Community Kids Annerley is conveniently located 7kms from Brisbane CBD, off Ipswich Road. The centre provides quality long day care and education for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years. The centre is open from 6:00am to 6:00pm weekdays.
The Centre boasts a large playground, age appropriate modern resources, nappies and offers nutritious morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. A Government approved Kindergarten program is provided for ages 3.5 to 5 years. The program is taught by a Bachelor trained preschool teacher and is aimed at preparing children for school and beyond.
Community Kids Annerley is proud to have qualified early childhood educators who encourage your children to learn through play, based on the Early Learning Framework. Our centre proudly offers a kindergarten/preschool program to ensure your child is supported for their transition to school every step of the way. With a focus on language, literacy, numeracy, social skills and more your child will become ready for school.
Green Leaves Reedy Creek
This beautiful boutique centre boasts 4 Learning Hubs across two floors and can place up to 76 Children. The centre offers all-inclusive fees which include freshly prepared meals cooked daily on site by our qualified Chef, all linen, hats and nappies, extra-curricular activities and visiting shows.
Qualified and passionate educators work with children and in consultation with our families to provide the best quality education and care, setting a new benchmark in the region. The Kindergarten Program for our 4 – 6-year-olds specialises in school readiness skills and transitioning and is delivered by a Bachelor Qualified Early Learning Teacher.
Green Leaves Early Learning is a privately owned business with a purpose to provide early education and care that exceeds traditional care and education standards. To achieve this, we do things differently. Firstly, we know that service excellence is where it all begins. Our passionate and professional teams throughout our business are committed to giving careful attention to every task and every relationship. Secondly, all of our spacious centres are purpose built so we can strike the perfect balance between providing innovative early education experiences and meeting the needs of the communities we operate in.
We lay the foundations necessary to give children the best possible start to their life long learning journey
Service excellence is where it all begins, giving careful attention to every task and every relationship
We recognise our role in guiding our children to protect and cherish our natural world
We are nothing without our people. We value, recognise and reward their loyalty and passion.
Kool Kids Nerang
Our spacious childcare and early learning centre in Nerang backs onto bushland, providing a calm and inviting environment for children from birth to six years. Your child will have countless opportunities to explore, discover and learn through play in our adventure-filled centre.
Kool Kids Nerang features an on-site cafe, a state-of-the-art library, a science lab, a kids’ kitchen, large outdoor areas, adventure-filled playgrounds, an obstacle course, a mud pit, a sports field, a Zen garden, a veggie garden, pet birds and fish, and a range of exciting extracurricular activities. Every day is full of learning, laughter and fun at Kool Kids Nerang!
Why you’ll love Kool Kids Nerang
You’ll enjoy an all-inclusive child care experience and your child will benefit from a play-based early education program designed to inspire a love of learning during the most formative years.
We’re proud to provide the following facilities and services:
- A government-approved kindergarten program based on the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the Queensland Kindergarten Learning Guideline (QKLG) and taught by a Bachelor-qualified early childhood teacher
- Interactive learning technology including iSandbox, an exciting interactive tool exclusive to Kool Kids that inspires imaginative play and fosters language development, as well as interactive TVs, iPads and the ELLA program that teaches children foreign languages
- Nutritious meals and snacks created with Karla Gilbert and prepared by our on-site chef, including Halal options
- Daily photos and updates on your child’s progress through our communication app
- Our Genki Japanese curriculum taught by our own native Japanese teachers
- Extracurricular activities including a sports program, cultural program, song and dance and Japanese (for no additional fee)
Welcome to Kurilpa Community Childcare Centre! We are a non-profit organisation for children and families who require quality childcare and education, located in West End, Brisbane. Kurilpa is a community that nurtures, supports, challenges and celebrates with children in their life journey. A community with strong alliances between children, families, team and the Earth.
Pottsville Community Preschool
A not-for profit, community based Preschool.
Pottsville Nature Explorers
Nature Explorers is an invitation to play and learn naturally. A space to belong, connect and be happy. An educational program for children with the freedom and space to grow.
Nature Explorers runs a variety of programs including: Playgroup ages 1-4, Preschool ages 3-6, primary school programs and professional development for industry professionals.
Rise Early Learning
Rise Early Learning Surfers Paradise, is a purpose-built state of the art early childhood service conveniently located in the heart of Surfers Paradise. At Rise Early Learning Surfers Paradise, each child is provided with a high quality early childhood program, delivered in a beautiful, nurturing environment.
Yes, we provide all the things you would expect in a high quality child care centre such as nappies, nutritious meals, and sunscreen. But to realise our vision we need to we go beyond what’s expected. We offer a parent education program, bush and beach kinder program and little scientists program as part of our service to families, delivered by a team of dedicated and passionate educators.
Tamborine Mountain Community Kindy
Tamborine Mountain Community Kindergarten is a non-profit organisation, providing early childhood pre-prep education for children. Our Kindergarten aims to create a safe, supportive and nurturing learning environment where young children, assisted by staff and parents, are happily engaged in developing their abilities and skills to the fullest extent of their capabilities.
- Children are influenced by their environment
- Children learn best in an environment that is safe, supportive, attractive and stimulating
- Children learn best when they know they are liked and accepted
- Every child is unique, each with their own special abilities, needs, interests and prior experiences
- Every child should be allowed to learn at a pace and in a way that is best for that individual
- Providing a program for individuals requires consultation between family and staff and other professionals where necessary
- Providing a program for individuals is a continuous process that involves observing, recording and analysing children’s behaviour and interests and planning, implementing, evaluating and planning further
- It is vital to consider the whole child and see all aspects of a child’ s development (physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language) as being important and interrelated
- Young children learn by doing, using concrete materials
- Young children learn best from experiences that are relevant and meaningful to them
- Young children require a play-based approach to learning
- Children learn best when they have high self-esteem and confidence in themselves and their abilities
- The family is the first and most important influence in a child’s life, and this special relationship should be valued and promoted
- Confidentiality should be maintained with regards to information concerning children and families
- Every person, whether adult or child, should be treated warmly and with respect, and should not be denied information or opportunities because of race, culture, gender, lifestyle or individual ability
- Children learn by imitating others and require good role models
- Children learn best from a program that is both age appropriate and individually appropriate.
Woombye Childcare and Kindergarten
Woombye Childcare and Kindergarten (WCK) is truly a unique place for children, families and educators. A place to discover friendship, freedom and time.
WCK offers boutique early years education to children aged 15 months to 5 years via an inspiring green nature program with joyful learning experiences at its heart. Together we “Walk Woombye Land” and are part of a community where children, families and educators connect with each other, animals and nature.
Our secure and enriching environments offer children spaces for play, discovery, adventure and curiosity, inviting significant learning under the guidance of our early learning education teachers and specialists.